Well, I did my due diligence and spoke to a lot of people and did an online survey also. The problems came from all of the research. There were about 50 problems. However some of them were repetitious of others. So, i combined a few of the problems. That is how I came up with a bit over thirty.
So here we are in 2020, Who would have Ever thought that this year would be this way! I mean think back to five years ago or last year even, did you say, “in 2020, I am going to be on a basic lock down or quarantine from a pandemic?” Did anyone think that we would be coming to a screeching halt? Besides the preppers that is or maybe some secret society or government official.
Anyway, I digress, here we are with thousands of Americans working from home. When they used to go to an office. There are benefits of working from home and there are problems of working from home. Today, I am going to begin a multi-part blog that discusses the problems of working from home.
So, I am going to begin with the problems. Then you will see part of the answers on this Blog. Then I will finish it in either another one or possibly two more blogs.
After this is all done, I am going to show you some of the perks of working from home. There are perks, once you have all the kinks worked out.
30 + Common Work from Home Problems & How to Fix Them
- Friends who do not work
- Social media
- Swimming pool
- Boredom, hard to concentrate on one thing
- No breaks
- No set schedule for work
- No set schedule for home life
- The refrigerator, eat too much
- Lack of workspace
- Lacking proper equipment
- No double monitor using a laptop and a tv screen
- No Fast computer, a laptop
- No printer or no good printer
- Working at a kitchen table or on a tv tray or coffee table
- Bad chair
- No desk phone, using my personal cell
- Slow internet
- Work longer hours
- Boss thinks I am always available any time, any day
- Work “family” wants to always be on zoom to check in and hourly meetings to touch base, health check, make sure we are working
- Forget to take breaks, so work goes quicker and less hours being paid for
- Not as much exercise
- Darker workspace
- Lack of filing & storage
- Lack of organization
- Constant interruptions
- Too much Noise, Landscaper noise
- Too quiet so I turn on the tv for noise, then distracted
- Distracted by chores
- Family expectations have increased…you are home, so cook more meals, house clean more, laundry daily, chat, listen, look, etc.…
So, I am going to be adding to this with a second Blog with the replies and answers that people have given me. Everyone was actually very helpful. Please look for it within the next week.
Much Love ~ Momma Janet